Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tribute to Our Veterans

Today is a special day that only we in America celebrate…it is a day to honor all the men and women that have served their country in the military…it is VETERAN’S DAY.

Now, I know for a lot of people this day is a day of inconvenience; the banks are closed and there is no mail service….but for anyone who has red, white and blue coursing through their veins, this is a day of grateful celebration.

Throughout the history of this great nation, there have always been men and women that have stepped up to answer the call to arms whenever our country has been threatened or there is tyranny in the world…..but what about the day after day after day activity of protecting our country and the freedoms we hold so dear…

Who answers that call?

The young man who just graduated from high school…the father of three who runs an auto repair shop….the mother who was a filing clerk ….each and every person who swears an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of these great United States is bound by their vow to serve …and TODAY, WE HONOR EACH AND EVERYONE THAT HAS ANSWER THAT CALL……

VETERANS, WE SALUTE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO US ALL….

The following poems seek to honor those that have served and given sacrificially for us all….May God Bless You!


A SOLIDER’S PRAYER

I signed a piece of paper,
I took an oath as well.
I promised to protect My Country,
Tis’ a mission I can’t fail.

I’ve banded with my comrades
So together strong we stand;
In defense of this Great Nation,
Of this bright and promised land.

So, I will gladly do my duty
And if I must give my all,
My prayer will be…those left behind
Will continue to stand tall…

To fight for Peace and Freedom
To protect Sweet Liberty
I pray, Dear Father
That you grant this humble
SOLDIER’S PLEA.

W. PATRICK QUEEN
Copyright October 2001



WELCOME HOME

Welcome home, soldiers proud
Together, strong we stand
Defending freedom around the world
From this bright and promised land

Called to do your duty
To sacrifice for all
You proudly wear the uniform
For freedom, you stand tall.

You gave upon the battlefield
Your blood, your sweat and tears
And stood against the Evil ones
Who filled our lives with fear.

And now though spent, the battle won
Your respite is close at hand
As you return to freedom’s breast
To this great and glorious land;

We applaud you…we shout with joy
We immortalize this day
Welcome Home… Dear Patriots
To the good old U.S.A.

With Heartfelt Thanks We Salute Those Who Gave Their Best…
May God Bless You Every Day And Grant You His Sweet Rest!!!!!

W. Patrick Queen
February 14, 2005

No comments: