Friday, November 12, 2010

Honoring God's Man-Jack Benninghofen

Today is a very sad day for me. I just received an email that one of my best and dearest friends and mentors from my days as a RAM with Seed America has been called home to glory.

Jack Benninghofen passed away yesterday around 4 PM. He was out running, a pastime in which Jack took immense pride in; an activity that always kept him motivated and energized….two of Jack’s greatest attributes.

But for Jack running was his nature, especially for his Lord. Jack was always running the good race to obtain the prize of the high calling that God had placed on his life. He was the yardstick that God used to measure many a man who dared to make a difference in this world for our Lord and Savior.

Yes, my heart is broken for Jack and his family….his wife, Mary; his son, Todd and daughter, Emily. I know they will miss their husband, father and best friend. Today, this world’s light has been diminished by the passing of Jack…it is indeed a darker and colder universe in which we now live; but in that moment of Jack’s call to come home, Heaven has never seemed brighter….for oh how the face of Jesus must have shone in splendid light when he saw Jack enter the portals of heaven….And the singing and rejoicing of the angels; well, I’m sure the strands of music have never been sweeter.

But what about his family and his friends and the pain that now fills us with incalculable grief and sorrow? What shall we do….How shall we cope….By listening to the voice of our Savior in John 14: 27, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

We know today that Jack has seen the fulfillment of God’s promise through his son, Jesus Christ. Jesus said, “Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. BECAUSE I LIVE, YOU WILL ALSO LIVE.” John 14: 19

Jack Benninghofen lives today….because He knew Jesus personally and fervently and had committed all of who he was to affirming that relationship each and every day…and most important of all, Jack helped so many of us commit our lives to that same affirmation by the life he lived among us.

Jack’s physical presence may have been removed from this world and he will be forever missed; but the loving, encouraging spirit that was the essence of this God-honoring man will forever live among us …in the heart and soul of everyone he touched along life’s way.

May God Bless and Keep You, Jack. We loved you and called you friend.

Your Brother in Christ,

WPQ

No comments: