Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Is It Time for a U-Turn?

In the last two cars I have owned, I've had this incredible onboard GPS that gives me directions to where I want to go...I just but in the destination address, listen and follow the onboard prompts and magically end up at my final destination. However, there have been times when I have not been paying attention  or traffic patterns interrupted my ability to follow those directions; it's then I have heard, "In .2 miles, make a legal U-turn!"

I can relate to this command because the same thing happens in my daily walk with my Lord. I have read my Bible and understand what God would have me do; how I should live my life; the places I should go; the people I should associate with and the way I should conduct my affairs in the marketplace.

But likewise, when I am not focused on God's will or just let the ebb and flow of life get the best of me, I find that I have gotten off course and need to make a U-turn...and that U-turn usually requires that I ask for forgiveness, repent and then set a new course.

It is good to know that God is in the business of forgiveness and just like the GPS in my car, He will whisper (or shout when needed), "You are going the wrong way; you need to make a Heavenly U-turn."

We know that God send His son, Jesus, to call the world to repentance and through His shed blood to pay the debt for our sin. Knowing and believing this calls for us to repent of our sins, trust in Him for our salvation and then begin our new life in Christ, walking in a new direction with Him as our guide...and that decision is a one-time, life altering decision...once made, we are eternally His.

But when it comes to our daily walk in His presence, well, that is a daily decision that prompts us to program our GPS to our final destination of Heaven and to walk in the grace, love and mercy that has been shown to us through the sacrifice of our Savior. We may begin each day with the purposeful intent to go where God leads; however, often we get off course and need to make that Heavenly directed U-turn to get back on course so that our lives reflect who we love and who we serve.

So today make the commitment to spend time in God's Holy Word; share counsel with those in need; receive instructions or corrections from a godly mentor or just listen for the still, small voice of God to whisper His instructions for the day ahead...trust in your GPS and know that God will take you to where He wants you to go...and if you find yourself off course, be ready to make a U-turn...being in the will of God....THERE'S NO BETTER PLACE TO BE!!!!

Trusting God's GPS....Heading toward home,


WPQ

No comments: