Friday, January 27, 2017

The following was written last Friday morning before the Inauguration of Our 45th President. It is my prayer that every American can echo these words and claim their place in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave....


I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

I am proud to be an American
In this land of sweet Liberty;
For those who have gone before
And died to keep us free.

I am one with those whose blood cries out
From lands across the sea...
Who gave their all in sacrifice
To protect our sweet liberties.

I stand with those whose struggles
Keep them downtrodden and forlorn;
And I mourn with every mother
For the child that was never born.

I lift up the broken-hearted
With their Spirit,  I too weep;
And lament with those who have no place
To lay their head in peaceful sleep.

I champion the desperate ones
And pray for them sweet rest;
For the sure and ever present beat
Of freedom in each breast.

I unite with those whom I oppose
So together strong we stand...
In defense of this great nation
And the God who rules this land.

Oh, I am PROUD to be an American
So on this bright and glorious day;
May my actions and deeds speak louder
Than the words you hear me say.

Yes,  I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN
Thus my prayer will always be;
That God will shower His blessings upon
The Home of the BRAVE 
And the Land of the FREE!!!!


W. Patrick Queen
     January 20, 2017



No comments: