Monday, December 25, 2017

As you celebrate this special day with family and friends....remember the spirit of Christmas lies in your Heart...for

IT'S THE THOUGHT

When I was just a little lad I would travel to the mall;
I'd take along my piggy bank to buy gifts for one and all.
I'd look and search for the perfect gifts to give to Mom and Dad
To let them know how much they meant to me...I'd spend every cent I had.
~
But then one day a problem arose...the gifts had too great a cost!
I feared the worst; tears filled my eyes...my Christmas would be lost.
My Mother took me by the hand; "Now, Son, you mustn't cry,
For it's not the present that you give, but it's the reason why."
~
The reason why; what could she mean? My problem was paramount!
"It's not the gift you give my son; it's the thought that really counts."
"The thought that really counts" can't be place beneath the tree.
Did my Mom not understand what Christmas meant to me?
~
A quiet pause; a smile, a squeeze as she began to explain this thought...
It's not the tinsel nor the wrappings nor the worth of what's been bought.
For we're to give at Christmas as the Father gives to us
Out of love and selfless living without the fuming and the fuss.
~
For God so loved us all that He sent His Son to earth;
Born in a lowly stable bare of a maiden's virgin birth...
A gift so rare and so wondrous to all who receive His Love
We're promised a life abundant and eternity above.
~
So be not worried nor have regrets of the gifts beneath your tree,
For God's greatest gift was given on a hill called Calvary.
Just thank the Father every day with a life that's pure and true
And the Spirit of each Christmas will live inside of you...

So as you make your shopping list and you're settling on each amount
Just give as God has given you, and remember...

"It's the thought that really counts!"

W. Patrick Queen
Christmas 1995








No comments: