Friday, May 13, 2022

THE ROAD OF LIFE....ON THE ROAD TO DAMASCUS

Today, I am re-starting my journey as a writer of a blog. Off and on for the past 15 years, I have been writing a blog named Salt & Light (you should be on that site to be able to read this). It began after losing a job that I definitely felt God had called me to as a Area Acquisitions representative for a Christian-based company called, SEED AMERICA. It was a company of godly men and women who were sucked into a bad situation by a man of less than glowing aspirations. At the time my job was taken from me, I was truly unaware of the "bad seed" at the helm of this organization, and as I look back now, God was moving me out of the way of the fallout that followed. At that low point in my life, this blog sprang to life and gave me a purpose to share God's teachings in my life with those who sought to know him better; however, I must admit, I did not do a very good job of keeping the blog up and running with the lessons that God brought my way. Today, I want to begin to remedy that error and the laziness that compounded it. 

So, I want to begin a new series that I have entitled, THE ROAD OF LIFE. I believe that too many of us are being swept along in life with little direction and even less accomplishments in the area of living out God's calling on our lives. So join me each day for a quick read and take to heart God's message through the written word about where you might be on this road.

ON THE ROAD TO DAMASCUS.....

In the ninth chapter of Acts, we find the story of Saul, the man of diligence in the persecution of those Jews that had forsaken their heritage and faith to follow the teachings of the Son of Man, the man called Jesus. In fact, these believers had come to be known as the people of The Way...and Saul believed his mission in life was to destroy this movement before it could do any more harm to the Jewish faith in which he was so richly steeped. He had asked the high priest for letters of introduction and instruction to the synagogues of Damascus so that if he found any of these "heretics," he might bind them and bring them to Jerusalem for a fitting punishment. With letters in hand, he began his journey, but on the road to Damascus, his life was changed forever.

You see, God had a better plan for Saul...and a better name. As Saul approached the city, he encountered a bright, blinding light and a voice from heaven that asked one simple question...

"SAUL, SAUL, WHY ARE YOU PERSECUTING ME? I AM JESUS, WHOM YOU ARE PERSECUTING. BUT ARISE AND ENTER THE CITY AND YOU WILL BE TOLD WHAT TO DO." And when the light and voice were gone, Saul was blind and had to be lead into the city by his men. He was sent to be found by a follower of Jesus, a man named Ananias, who knew of Saul's reputation and wanted no part of dealing with this man. But in obedience to the vision from the Lord, Ananias did as he was instructed in his vision from the Lord. He went and laid his hands on Saul and restored his sight because the Lord told him, " But the Lord said, “Go and do what I say. For Paul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the nations and before kings, as well as to the people of Israel.  And I will show him how much he must suffer for me.” Acts 9:15-16

Why the name change? What did that mean? Well, Paul means "small or humble"...terms that had never been mentioned in the same breath when describing Saul; but now God had set Paul's feet upon a new life's path...ON THAT ROAD TO DAMASCUS. No longer would he be known as the "persecutor of Jesus" rather now he would come to be known as the "pronouncer of Christ" as God set him on the road that would lead him to be a witness for Jesus throughout the Gentile world. And if that was not enough of a change, Paul would go on to write his 13 "letters" to those communities of new believers that he led to Jesus. So though Saul thought and believed in his heart that he was following the will of God in his acts of persecution, it was not until that eventful meeting on the road to Damascus that Paul's feet and mission to serve his Savior, Jesus Christ came to fruition.

So, my friend, where do you find yourself today in your journey of life? What roads have you taken or on what road do you now find yourself  traveling? Is it one that has you walking ever closer with Jesus...or have you yet to take the road to Damascus that leads, as Saul's did, to the life-saving relationship that Jesus longs for each of us to have with Him?

Just as Saul became Paul after his encounter with the living Lord, Jesus is ready to meet you on your road of life and begin a new journey with you. HE WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE AND GIVE YOU LIFE EVERLASTING as He changes you from the inside out...and He will continue that journey with each day as you learn to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit and follow His direction for your life....It will be the beginning of a beautiful life as you walk with Him and surrender your life to His will. If you would like to know more, join me next Monday as we learn of THE NARROW ROAD TO EVERLASTING LIFE.

Walking with Jesus on the Road... HOME,

WPQ

 

 

On the Road Home....

It wasn't all that long ago 

When my journey of life began....

As I wondered across life's landscape

Desperately seeking to find "my plan."

Where would life's troubles take me?

What answers were held in store?

What would give my life true meaning?

Why was I constantly seeking more?

 

It seemed there were no answers

As I traveled life's bumpy road....

No one in whom I could confide

Or one who would share my load.

But then I meet the Savior

Face to face I came to see...

He offered me His forgiveness

And broke my chains to set me free.

 

So now I gladly meet Him

At the start of each new day...

He takes my hand to lead

As I learn to walk His way.

So, my friend, let me implore you

In this life, may you never walk alone...

Just put your hand in His nail-scarred hand,

And walk the road that leads you...HOME!

 

WPQ © May 13,2022

 

 


 

No comments: