Friday, July 29, 2022

Jesus is My Anchor

 

Jesus...The Anchor For My Soul


I've spent my life on troubled seas.

No safe harbor for my soul..

Tempest tossed and beaten down;

No longer was I whole.

 

Filled with despair; for all was lost;

There was no one to rescue me.

But there amid the tempest gale,

I saw the Master of the Seas.

 

Walking through those stormy seas

He reached out and took my hand...

For in that moment, I was saved

And safely brought to land.

 

No longer wrecked nor tossed about,

For Jesus had rescued me...

And He told that forever,

My anchor He would be.

 

No longer would I drift away

To sin's  powerful, elusive sway.

For as the anchor of my soul

He would never let me stray.

 

For every anchor remains secure

To the line that's firm and strong...

And with Jesus as my anchor

I am kept from worldly wrongs.

 

So if like me in life's tempest seas,

You life is pitched and rocked and rolled;

Never fear; for your  Lord is near....

With Jesus.... the ANCHOR for your soul!

 

 

WPQ © July 2022

 

 

We have this HOPE as an anchor for the soul,

firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary

behind the curtain.  Hebrews 6:19

 

 

 

No comments: