Friday, July 18, 2008

GOOD MEDICINE

I’m so glad that our Heavenly Father created laughter…in fact, in Proverbs 17:22, it says, “A JOYFUL HEART IS GOOD MEDICINE.” So, today, grab a spoon and take a big dose of laughter (or at least a little chuckle) with these treasures of things I’ve learned.

I’ve learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper…the closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

I’ve learned that bananas are great food for the elderly ….they taste the same going either way.

I’ve learned that love…not time, heals all wounds.

I’ve learned that my memory is not as good as it once was…but sometimes, it’s as good once as it ever was.

I’ve learned that my Dad was smarter than I ever gave him credit for…and I’m so thankful I got to tell him that before he went home to be with the Lord.

I’ve learned that you should always keep your words soft and tender…they’re a lot easier to swallow that way.

I’ve learned that in every missed opportunity….someone was just waiting for theirs to come along.

I’ve learned to smile and smile often….it always increases my face value.

I’ve learned that no one is perfect…until they become the love of your life.

I’ve learned that memories are like my hair….fleeting, but worth holding on to all that I can.

I’ve learned that to ignore the facts….doesn’t change the facts.

I’ve learned that when you harbor resentment or anger….happiness never makes your heart its port-of-call.

I’ve learned that it’s better to be a lover than a fighter…..the boxers are shorter and easier to get in and out of.

But most of all, I’ve learned to be thankful that God doesn’t give us everything we ask for…..what would we have to look forward to if we got everything now.

Make this a weekend of love, laughter and leisure with the ones you love….

Blessed and Believing,
WPQ

No comments: