Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Lordship of Christ

There is in my mind two steps, if you will, to salvation. The first step is our acknowledgement of our sin and our need for a Savior. Although this can be difficult for many of us to admit, when we read scripture and are convicted by the Holy Spirit, our need becomes self-evident. We ask Jesus to come into our hearts, to forgive our sins and to make us righteous in His sight.

We now belong to Christ and are a child of the King.

It is the next step, or if you prefer, the continuation of our salvation experience that many seem to skip…or at the very lest, postpone….The acknowledgement of Christ as Lord in and over their life.

Christ, himself, asked his disciples, “Why do you call me, “Lord, Lord”, and do not what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on rock. When the flood came, the torrent struck the house but could not shake it, because it was well built.” Luke 6:46-48

The problem for too many Christians is that they view their faith as a cafeteria line...their thinking ….”I’d like to have a little salvation today, but I think I’ll hold off on any of that Lordship right now. I’m not sure it would be good for where I am in my life.”

They believe that accepting Christ and his free gift of salvation comes without any further commitment on their part…..but, as we see in the scripture above, they are missing the best part.

You see, that flood is coming …and it will wreak havoc in your life. The question then becomes; how will your house stand if your foundation is not on solid rock? Therefore,

Your foundation should be the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

Each morning, as you begin that day, pay honor to and acknowledge the dominion of Christ in your life. Ask what He would have you accomplish for Him today …how can you serve Him and bring honor, glory and majesty to His name? He will know by your actions and the desires of your heart if you truly claim Him as Lord….and you will be building on that Solid Rock of salvation that is everlasting…..then,

Others will see Jesus in you …and He will be Blessed !


A humble servant of the King,
WPQ

No comments: