Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Whom did you serve?

There is coming a day, in the not too distant future, where all men, past and present, will stand before their Creator to answer the question above. We, as believers, know this day as Judgment Day; and, if we have called upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and invited Him to be our Lord and Savior, then that question has already been answered for us by our profession of faith.

Unfortunately, there are too many in our world today who are sitting on the fence posts….waiting for something to knock them over on one side or the other. They know the story of the Christ, yet, they seem to treat it as some quaint, little tale of a good man with good intentions. The Bible tells us however that there fate is already sealed.

Jesus said in John 12: “Whoever believes in me, believe not in me, but in Him who sent me. I have come into the world as a light so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness. If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.”

So the question will be raised on that last day…Whom did you serve? Did you take Jesus at His word and follow His commandments or did you treat His words and His life as some delightful or mundane fairytale?

To conclude today’s thought, I want to invite you to go to the following link that is provided to view a wonderful thought regarding your choice and your answer to that all important question. Do you read the story that follows from top to bottom or from bottom to top….the answer to that question will determine your eternity!

I pray today that question has been answered in your life and that you are serving the risen Savior….Jesus Christ….the name above all names.


http://media.creativepastors.com/mediapreviews/index.php?stream=Upside_Down_MPEG1


Living for the Savior…..serving in His Kingdom…..waiting for His return,

WPQ

No comments: