Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Anniversary….to Us!

There is an old saying that says, “Time flies when you’re having fun” and today, I truly know exactly what that means. I still find it hard to believe that just 20 years ago today, at approximately 5:30 P.M., the most wonderful woman in the world agreed to be by wife…and she vowed that in front of witnesses!!!!!

I can still see her standing in the doorway of the parlor in the John Rutledge House Inn in Charleston, SC; bouquet in hand, as I sang “And I Love You So” to a copied cassette of the music. Sitting all around the parlor were our families and a few of our closest friends as we pledged to be faithful through the ups and downs of the years that lay before us…..neither of us with the faintest clue of the joys and the heartaches we would share together.

Yes, we have laughed; abundantly, uproariously and without containment …and we have cried; when our two hearts seemed to break as one; but through it all, we have grown stronger as we have held to the scripture in Genesis 2:24, “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”

This has been the BEST TWENTY YEARS OF MY LIFE (and the fastest) and I can only trust and believe that God has even more wonderful surprises in store for my beautiful bride and me….so as we celebrate this special day in our lives, we covet your prayers ….And we thank each of you that has been involved in our lives for helping make our marriage an everlasting tribute to our Heavenly Father and His blessing for these past twenty years.

I want to tell my darling wife, in no uncertain terms, that she is the Love of my Life and I am eternally grateful to our Heavenly Father for His unspeakable gift of her as my wife…I am truly, BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE…to you, Teresa, I dedicate the following :

My Tribute To My Wife

Was it not but yesterday with pretty flowers and lovely lace;
You walked down the wedding aisle; beside me, you took your place.
Hand in hand, with longing eyes, our vows we would speak
And I thought I would falter for my knees were oh so weak.

But in that moment, as I looked at you, how my heart began to race;
As I thanked my Heavenly Father for His goodness and His grace.
For of all of the women He might choose to start my life anew;
He chose for me, the perfect bride….His perfect choice was YOU!

So, we pledged our love and faithfulness on that joyous wedding day
As arm is arm, we began our life in a new and special way;
Committed to each other and to our Father up above,
We began our new life’s journey, grounded in His love.

For we knew not what lay ahead; what waited around life’s bend;
But I knew that it mattered not for I had married my best friend.
My lover and my confidant; the encourager of my soul….
My special gift from heaven that completes and makes me whole.

Oh, how the years have rushed by as each takes its measured toll;
But hand in hand, we journey on; strengthened body, mind and soul.
For our Father has been so good to us in each arena of our life
And blessed this special union …you and me as Man and Wife.

So while I still have life and breath, let each speak this message true;
May all I am or ever hope to be … May I dedicate to You.
For should God grant me 40 years or just one more day to be,
I want to spend each moment ….Together… You and Me.

For if I should get to heaven, just ahead of you;
I offer you this simple plan; here’s what you should do…
Just walk right in, look to your right and in the midst of Heaven’s charms;
You will find me waiting with wide-open, loving arms.

HAPPY TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY
TERESA LEE QUEEN

W. Patrick Queen @ February 2010


If you are as blessed as me, then take a moment today to tell your wife that she is your gift from God …and then, make SURE you treat her accordingly.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Us…..And God Bless each of you in your marriage,

WPQ

No comments: