Sunday, February 8, 2015

WHERE WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY?

There are two questions that have always plagued mankind…”Why am I here?” and “Where am I going when I die?” The Bible speaks to both of these, but the one that seems most problematic is “Where will you spend eternity, Heaven or Hell?”

What do you think it takes for someone to get into heaven….Luck? …A serious regimen of religion? ... Or if the good things you do outweigh the bad?

The real answers to the questions above come from God’s infallible word…The Holy Bible…it says that it is all a matter of  ….F. A. I. T. H.

F is for Forgiveness….For everyone has sinned and needs God’s forgiveness.
“All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23

”But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.” Ephesians 1: 7

A is for Available… God’s forgiveness is available for all.
“God so loved the world in this way: He gave His one and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16

And though God’s forgiveness is available, IT IS NOT AUTOMATIC…. “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven.”  Matthew 7:21

I is for Impossible… the Bible says it is impossible to get to heaven on our own.
“By grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift-not from works, so that no on can boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9

So how can a sinful person have eternal life and enter heaven?

T is for Turn…Turn means repent; a change of direction from sin and self.
“Unless you repent, you will all perish as well!” Luke 13:3

Turn to Jesus alone as your Savior and Lord….I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:6

Here is the greatest news of all.

“If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. With the heart one believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses, resulting in salvation.” Romans 10:9
What happens if a person is willing to repent of their sins and confess Christ?

H is for Heaven....Heaven is a place where we will live with God forever.

“If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to myself, so that where I am you may be also.” John 14:3

Eternal life begins now with Jesus. “I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance.” John 10:10

H can also stand for How…..How can a person have God’s forgiveness, eternal life, and heaven?

The answer is simple….trust Jesus as your Savior and Lord. 

If you would like to receive the forgiveness of your sin so that you might know where you will spend eternity, why not ask Jesus to come into your heart right this very minute?
Just pray something like this……

"Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner and have displeased you in many ways. I believe in my heart that you died for my sins and through my faith in your death and resurrection, I am forgiven. I commit my heart to you and turn from my sin and ask you to come into my life as my Lord and Savior. From this day forward, I will follow you and seek to live a live that is pleasing to you. Thank you, Lord, for saving me.

AMEN.


If you would like to share your decision with us or you would like some additional materials or need prayer, please contact us at thankfulpraise777@gmail.com.

No comments: