Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Sweet Aroma….

I am reminded of the story of the mother skunk and her little skunkletts that had gone for their morning stroll just downstream from the paper plant. The air was crisp and filled with the pungent odor that only a paper mill can produce. One little skunk raised his head; nostrils flared and exclaimed, “Mommy, do you smell THAT?” The mother, likewise, took in a long, deep breath and said, "Yes, I do honey child. I don’t know what it is……but we’ve got to get us some of that!!!!!”

The scriptures tell us that we are the aroma of Christ. In 2 Corinthians 2:14-16, we read:

“But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life.”

What do you smell like today? Is what you are and who you are becoming in Christ a sweet smell to our Savior or do you reek of this world? Others that come in contact with you, hear your words, examine your actions and test your motives …..they are really just getting a scent of who you are. Does that scent point them to your Heavenly Father or keep them trapped in this world of eternal death? The smell of Christ is life everlasting, but the stench of this world is eternal damnation. I hate the thought that what I am or what I do may condemn someone that I may hardly even know to a life apart from God. I want the aroma of Christ to encircle my every thought, action and reaction as I encounter those set before my path. I pray that the sweet smell that is my life points them to a live-saving, life giving relationship with the one whose fragrance permeates my life…..Jesus Christ.

How about you…..are you willing to trust God to make you smell good for His glory or are you just going to use a little more of the world’s deodorant to mask who you really are? The world is watching and smelling…..fill the air with the aroma of Christ by telling those you meet what a wonderful Savior is ours.

AHHHHH…….I JUST LOVE THE SMELL OF JESUS IN THE MORNING…..THE EVENING …..AND ALL DAY LONG!

When others take a deep breath of who you are …will they say, “I don’t know what that is, but I’ve got to get me some of that!”

BLESSINGS ABOUND,
WPQ  



No comments: