Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Breaking the Chains of "I HAVE TO!"


If you are still breathing on this orb we call "Earth", then I am sure you have faced your share of trials, struggles and the ever-so bothersome, tribulations...times of hardship that seem to last an eternity. In fact, our first struggle began at birth as every baby born into this world had to "struggle" to release themselves from the womb to begin their new life.

For most of us, we understand the ebb and flow of good times and bad; however, the writer of Proverbs tells us in Proverbs 11:27 that "The one who searches for what is good seeks favor, but if someone looks for trouble, it will come to him." If we take a closer look at this verse, we will see that our vision and our hearing depends a lot on where we are standing.  Allow me to expand on this premise.

Most of us spend our lives living in the realm of "I have to"....I have to get up and go to work. I have to stay married for the kids' sakes....I have to go to church on Sunday and sing in the choir...I have to provide for my family and keep working in this job I hate....and the list goes on and often seems endless.

But what if we changed our thinking about what we see and hear to, "I GET TO"....I get to Get Up and Go to Work...I Get to Go to Church and Sing Praises to my Lord....I Get to Love My Wife and Kids and take pride in providing for them....and most importantly, I GET TO TELL OTHERS ABOUT JESUS AND HIS GREAT LOVE FOR ME AND OF HIS LOVE AND SACRIFICE FOR THEM!!!!

Yes, every day we have a choice as we rise for the new day dawning...we can chose to have to endure the day or we can get to enjoy the blessings of this new day and all the challenges that it may be filled with as we learn to walk with our Lord and trust His directions. As you go through your day, why not look;  no even better, why not diligently seek and search for the good that God will provide as He showers you with His favor and blessings? Why not spend your time praying for His wisdom to see the twists and turns that come before you as opportunities where you get to bring God glory and demonstrate His love and goodness in this world?

If you truly search for what is good, you will see God at work....and He is inviting you to join Him whenever and however you can. Remember this, if you are going to mine for gold, you've got to be willing to get down on your knees along the creek bed and pan through a multitude of pebbles in search of even one gold nugget....oh, but the search can be so worth the effort!!!!

I am SO glad I GET TO....Serve a Risen Lord,

WPQ


Poem for the day...

When you wake up each morning
To start your brand new day...
Here's a better way to look ahead;
To find the good along the way.

Don't tell yourself you have to
Do the things that lie ahead;
But look for the good that's coming,
Don't fill the unknown with dread.

Just plan to seek the Lord today as you
Keep your ears and eyes open wide;
And then, my friend, you will get to
Walk with God in every stride!

WPQ © April 2018


No comments: