Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Speaking the Language of the One You Love....


I was reading in the Scriptures today in Ephesians where Paul is schooling those followers on how they are to love their wives and how the wives are to love their husbands. We see in these verses that Jesus is the head of the Church and gave himself for it...and husbands are to love their wives and do likewise.

But what happens when you speak the words of "I LOVE YOU"  to your spouse...does he or she truly understand what your are saying and the impact that such a phrase should carry? Or are they underwhelmed by the words because as we all know, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.
So what is your wife or your husband's "love" language and how can you know and engage them in such a way that your words have meaning and are felt deeply.

For some it is presents, trinkets, or small gifts that says "I love you." For others quiet times with each other, removed from the cares of daily life best says that you hold a position of great love in your partner's life. For some it is a great gesture that moves your loved one to tears for it truly says it all...that your live would be meaningless if not for the love you share.

For me, it is the simple written word, expressed in some poetic form that best allows my bride to know my heart and the depth of my true love for her....and so yesterday, after hearing a song on the radio, I penned this poem for the love of my life....my sweet wife, Terri.

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ...BEAUTIFUL IN MY EYES!!!

I looked into the mirror just the other day
Saw a face looking back that I barely even knew.
It was one covered in lines and wrinkles
Each one there simply because of you...

Now not for reasons that you might think
Did these lines appear on my face.
Not for the troubles that we've seen
When caught between a rock and a hard place.

Each line was there around my mouth...
 Many etched into the corners of my eyes;
Each one telling those who would view
The what...the who's...the whys?

You see each line was their because
Of the many times you made me smile
And every time you've made me laugh
They lingered a longer while.

And now I hope that you understand
Though each line is now a part of me;
For when you laughed and made me smile,
Your opened my eyes to see...

That no matter what each day may bring
Be it Laughter...or Pain ...or Sighs.

This you should always know
No matter where we may go
In my life you will always grow

EVER MORE BEAUTIFUL IN MY EYES!!!!

W. Patrick Queen
April 2018


Take the time TODAY...do NOT let it slip away without telling your spouse just how much, how deeply and for how long you will love them. Speak their love language and let them hear what is truly coming from your heart.

For 28 years, I have signed every note and every card with this simple phrase...

I LOVE YOU.....Forever and a day,

WPQ

No comments: