Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Day 6...The 12 Days of Christmas Praise!


The Story of the Three Wise Men

I was but a child those many years ago
Scurrying, hurrying …running to and fro.
Yes, those years are long past and tho’
My sight grows dim
My mind still recalls our search for Him.

I packed the camels with food, full to the measure
And stored so carefully those 3 special treasures.
In our journey from the East, we would travel so far
Guided only by the sight and the light of that Star.

For I, a servant boy of the Magi Three
Began with them our journey across the desert sea;
The voyage would be arduous as we traveled so far
Serving the Magi…Gadspar, Melchior and Baltazar.

I rode behind Baltazar on his camel each day
Looking toward the eastern star guiding our way;
Night and day …through each starlit night
We followed the star and its guiding light.

We traveled for weeks across the desert sands
'Til we came to a city in a poor Judean land;
To meet with a King with one question in mind,
“Where is the King that we have come to find?”

So, he gathered together his prophets and such
And though he offered to help…he didn’t help much.
According to those who bowed down to him
The King should be found in little Bethlehem.

So leaving King Herod, we went on our way
To follow the star for about one more day.
The journey now over…the star now at rest;
We entered the house and there we were blest.

For there in the arms of a young maiden fair
This small tiny child with golden red hair;
He laughed and he giggled; he gurgled and cooed
The Magi were silent and awe struck, too.

For this small child in his mother’s loving arms
Had come to bring peace …to save us from harm.
Christ, the Messiah …heaven’s adorned king.
The Magi bowed lowly their gifts to bring.

One gave gold …so pure and so true
Just like the one that it was given for you.
Another gave myrrh, its value so rare
Just as the Savior …longing to share.

Another gave frankincense with aroma divine
As the mother smiled, her face seemed to shine;
For she held in her arms, the salvation of man
With tiny smooth feet and such delicate hands.

Hands that would someday be nailed to a cross
To save us from sin…to suffer great loss;
Hands spread as far as the east is from west
This was God's plan; for He had given His best!

So as we arose, I knew in my soul
That I should be brave; no, I should be bold …
And tell everyone what I now knew
This child came for me to make me anew.

So there I surrendered to this child once foretold
Who we honored with frankincense, myrrh and our gold;
But the gift He would cherish, the most precious by far
Is a life surrendered…that would follow His star.

To go where He leads, to share His story;
To bring Him honor, to tell of His glory;
To be led by the hands that were nailed to the tree,
To give all that I am because He died for me.



W. PATRICK QUEEN @ DECEMBER 2014

No comments: