Sunday, November 22, 2020

Getting Ready for a New Year....

For the last few years, at about this time, I begin to make my list of the things, events and blessings that have occurred in the last 11 months or so. I strive to enter the Thanksgiving season with a heart and mind centered on the good (and sometimes not so good) things that have made me a better citizen, better husband and better follower of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ....and that is one of the reasons that I look back on some of the "not so good" events that have occurred. You see, we all know that without rain, nothing grows. So I like to thank God for His bountiful harvest in the past year, fully realizing that none of it may have been possible without the rain...yes, even the thundershowers may have truly been a blessing. I also begin to analyze how I have done in the past year living up to my one word resolution that I set out to follow at the beginning of the year.

This past year, my one word resolution was TRUST....and I will have to admit, this year, with the corona virus, the Feb-March stock market crash, the mass hysteria of the media, the relentless drumming of the TV political ads and its subsequent outcome...well, it really tested by ability to TRUST! I wanted to trust in what was being reported on the airwaves and the internet; the double speak of so-called medical experts; the promises of those in power and their often idiotic decisions. It was during this free-for-all that I came to my senses and reminded myself of one simple truth...I COULD TRUST MY HEAVENLY FATHER WHO IS IN COMPLETE CONTROL AND WHO ALREADY KNOWS THE OUTCOME...and in leaning into and learning to place my trust in the ONE who is SOVEREIGN, I found something that I was not expecting to find....PEACE!!!! So at the top of my list of things I will be thankful for this Thanksgiving is the PEACE I found in the midst of conflict, chaos and consternation...and I will rest in the consolation that no matter how bad things are or may seem, God WILL NOT let anything or anyone snatch me from the loving grip that holds me in His hands....and all I need do...simply TRUST HIM!!!!

And the other thing I do this time of year is to begin to look for my next "one word resolution" ...and at this writing, I am in full find that word mode as the start of 2021 begins to peer around the corner. I often spend days or weeks trying to find such a meaningful word that I can give my full measure of devotion in trying to live out my life in accordance with its mandates. But this year, I found that word early in the Scripture that follows in James 1:12..."Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him."

It is my desire to live as Christ lived and to obtain this great quality that God Himself so clearly embodies...to be STEADFAST...fully committed, unwavering, standing firm without hesitation.

I am sure that we (as steadfast believers) WILL face many tough decisions, obstacles and road blocks to serving Christ in the year that is quickly approaching. We will be asked to compromise our values, accept doctrine and dogma that do not align themselves with our Christian principles and we will probably be tested in ways we never thought imaginable in America...so we are left with one of two choices....ACQUIESENCE OR STEADFASTNESS?

I HAVE CHOSEN MINE...AND I AM NOT WAITING TO START PUTTING IT INTO PRACTICE...My start begins today; ONE DAY AT A TIME, I WILL TRUST IN MY GOD AND SEEK TO BE STEADFAST IN MY RESOLVE TO SERVE HIM NO MATTER WHAT THE COSTS!!! It is my prayer that you too will stand firmly with me as we commit to be STEADFAST followers of the one who gave His LIFE for the ransom of all who would believe...and God please, help me and all those who call on YOU in our unbelief. AMEN!

Living for my Father....STEADFAST in my walk with Him,

WPQ

 

 

Poem for the day....

A new day is coming;

Coming closer every day.

For the Father is watching

What we do and what we say!

 

For our Father is waiting

To see who is first; who is last.

Willing to live obediently...

Close to Him and steadfast.

 

Standing firm in our beliefs

Never wavering nor unsure;

Living a life that truly honors Him

One that is Holy, Righteous, Pure.

 

So don't give in to worldly lusts;

Leave  behind your sins of the past.

When you truly seek to honor God,

You will live a life that remains...STEADFAST!!!

 

WPQ © NOV 2020

 

 

No comments: