Monday, August 11, 2008

Taking Some Time Off

I will be taking some time off this week to spend some quality time with my wife and daugther and to attend an interview for a job on Wednesday. Please be in pray for me and this interview that all will go well and that God will be lifted up in any new endeavor that I begin. Also, we will be traveling on some short days trips and ask that you remember us as we travel. I look forward to returning next week, fully refreshed (and hopefully employed) and ready to share the insights that help each of us be SALT & LIGHT in our world. In leaving here is a poem to carry us through the week.

Blessed by Sharing the Bounty,
WPQ



A Love Sonnet

Simple words, elegant words,
So many I would to say
To express the feelings of my heart,
To help me count the ways.

To thank you for each sunrise
For each precious breath I’m given
To spend my eternity with you,
You prepared for me a heaven.

So, I thank you every day, my God
For the birds that soar in flight
And for the stars that fill my sky
And the moon that rules my nights.

You’ve given me a joyous heart
And laughter fills my days.
You’ve placed upon my very lips
My songs of endless praise.

I thank you that you listen, Lord
With an ear bent close to earth.
And that you sent your only Son
Through a Holy Virgin birth.

For it was there upon that cruel cross
Christ would die to take my place
I’m sure that as He breathed his last
The tears streamed down your face;

Not just for the loss of your precious son
But for the saving of my soul,
I offer my life as gratitude
For you love has made me whole.

Let me make my life an offering
To be laid at your throne above,
May all I do always honor you
My Father....it’s you
I Love!!!

W. Patrick Queen Copyright 2001

No comments: