Friday, August 1, 2008

TURNING BLUE

If you read my devotional thoughts yesterday, you’ll remember I was lamenting about my plumbing problems but thankful for the insight that God had provided. Well, there’s even more instruction that lay before me in this saga of the leaky toilet.

After the plumber had replaced the inner workings of the toilet, he went underneath the house to check for possible leaks, but not before he had placed me in charge of checking out the toilet and tank for a tight fight of seals and all that technical plumber stuff. He handed me a pack of tiny blue crystals that I was to drop into the water in the tank. If the new float and seal worked properly, the water in the tank would be blue while the toilet water remained crystal clear.

It was dropping the crystals into the water that opened my eyes to God’s timely instruction. The crystals were about the size of a pinhead; the total amount less than the size of dime. I poured a portion of the package in one side of the tank and the remainder in the other. What happened next was to be expected, but I found myself watching in awe. Slowly….ever so slowly, the water began to change to a deep cobalt blue, almost like each individual water molecule was being surrounded by the dye and then, magically reborn a new, brighter, better water molecule. I thought (as I continued to watch this physic-bound phenomenon) this is the way God’s love works …. He gives himself to us and when we take Him in, He changes us to be like Him…and as we come in contact with others, they too will be changed. It took a few minutes, but as I stared in amazement, God laid upon my heart this thought…..Be a Life Changer for Me.

God wants each of us to touch those who are hurting, down cast, broken and with out hope …to touch them with the love and grace that comes from knowing Jesus personally …from being changed from the old, sinful nature to a new creation. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, HE IS A NEW CREATION. Old things have passed away, behold, ALL THINGS ARE NEW.” 2 Corinthians 5:17

Slowly that entire thought took hold of me ….pouring over me like a rushing waterfall on a hot summer’s day….God doesn’t expect be to be a World Changer but a Life Changer. Just as each tiny crystal dissolved and influenced those molecules with which it came in contact, God has given me the same mandate….change those whom you can touch...ONE PERSON AT A TIME.

If we show His love, His grace, His mercy, His peace to each person that God brings into our world; then, slowly…ever so slowly, just like the blue water in my toilet tank, each life will be changed and God will be glorified ….and you and I will have done what God intended for us to do ......CHANGE OUR WORLD......
ONE HEART AT A TIME.

“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden, nor do people light a candle and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light so shine before men so that they may see you good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
Matthew 5:14-16



Anchored to the ROCK….changing with the Times,
WPQ

No comments: