Monday, August 25, 2008

Thank You, Father

My wife and I attend a wonderful church here in Travelers Rest, S.C., Clearview Baptist Church. It is a wonderfully warm and hospitable fellowship that seeks to honor God and be true to His Great Commission.....but yesterday, by anyone's account, something strange and wonderul happened. In the midst of the morning worship service, a renewal broke out. After the singing of one of the choir's favorite songs,TESTIFY, our worship minister passed the mic through the choir for anyone that wanted to give a word of testimony. Now, we have done this before, but never with the same results. The Holy Spirit swept in and the entire congregation began to share in prayer and song and testimony and this continued the ENTIRE WORSHIP SERVICE....people at the altar praying for their brothers and sisters in Christ ....for healing, troubled homes and marriages, burdens of sorrow and grief and only God knows what else. It was ELECTRIFYING to see the Holy Spirit shower us with His presence and see God at work in our midst. The pastor never even got a chance to deliver his message....God's work was far more important and our pastor led us in a time of consecration and renewal that will and already has had a profound effect on all of us. For that I can only say, "THANK YOU, FATHER."

My prayer for each of you this week is that God will manisfest Himself through the power of the Holy Spirit in your life and you will seek to walk in His ways to bring...

PRAISE AND HONOR AND GLORY TO THE KING OF KINGS!

Blessed and Believing,
WPQ




Thank You Father

Thank you, Father, for the sun and the rain;
Thank you, Father, for life’s joys and its pain.
Thank you, Father that you sent your Son,
Thank you, Father, for the victory won.

The life that was spared on Calvary’s tree
Was a life that was worthless- O’ how you love me.
You send your Son to take my place;
I’m awed and amazed at your saving grace

Thank you, Father for a life that was spent,
Thank you, Father for the time to repent.
Thank you, Father for dying for me;
Thank you, Father, now I am set free!

Free to walk with my head held high,
To claim my mansion in the sweet by and by;
To know your love now fills any soul
You’ve taken me broken and made me whole.

Thank you, Father, what more can I do
Than to show my love in worship of you?
I’ll give my life so others will see
My Christ, My Savior….always living in me!

WPQ Nov. 19, 2007

No comments: