Friday, July 1, 2016

GOD REMEMBERS...Do you?

This year, I am approaching a milestone in my life…for in about 60 days, I will be celebrating my 67th year on earth….as I said, it seems like a milestone to me. But, for many others; older, younger, wiser, smarter or any where in between, they too, are approaching a milestone…often with fear and trepidation.

That mindset deserves closer scrutiny ….how are we to face and deal with the pleasant and not so pleasant milestones in our lives? We are to remember WHERE we have been, WHAT has happened to us in our life journey and WHO has been our ever faithful guide.

God tells us that He remembers and that He promised in His covenant to keep us safe …just look in the story of Noah. After the flood, after the waters receded and the ground dried up, Noah and his family stepped out of the ark with God’s command to be fruitful and multiply. God said, “I have established my covenant with you that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.” And as He continues He says, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and for all future generations. I have set my bow in the clouds and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.” Genesis 9:12-13

It is what God reveals next that helps us to see the true heart of our Creator…”When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I WILL REMEMBER MY COVENANT that is between me and you and every living creature. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. When I see the bow in the clouds, I will remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature that is on the earth.” Genesis 9:14-16

Isn’t is good to know that God remembers and keeps His covenant with His creation?

Every time clouds gather and a storm appears on the horizon, God sees a tiny rainbow form and He is reminded of His promise to us…to hold back the torrential rains so the floods don’t come and once again, we are spared from His anger toward our sinful nature.

I think we should be more like God when it comes to the milestones in our lives…especially the ones that bring about fear, uncertainty and stress. We should remember to whom we belong….what He has done in the past and… what He is able to do in our uncertain future. We should remember His great love, his abiding favor in the presence of the Holy Spirit and His unwavering desire to make all things work out for our good.

How easily we often forget what God has done in our past….maybe, we need to find a sign that will always remind us of His abundant love and His ultimate sacrifice…maybe, all we need do is look to the hill of Calvary and see that old rugged cross….and remember the covenant that He has made through the shed blood of His only Son.


God has promised that if we confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts that He has raised Him from the dead, we are saved….just remember that the next time you approach a milestone and you are anxious in your spirit….remember that you belong to Him ….that no one nor nothing can snatch you from the Father’s hand…

Remember… just as your Heavenly Father remembers….and you will find a peace that triumphs whatever trial or milestone is set before you…

Remembering ….and rejoicing in His promises,
WPQ




No comments: