Friday, July 22, 2016

WHEN I MEET YOU IN THE MORNING

When I meet you in the morning, I begin the day anew
And morning’s light is filtered through the mist of morning dew.

When I meet you in the morning and take the time to stop and pray;
I know that you will walk with me…. every step throughout my day.

When I meet you in the morning, I take your word and there I read;
A message you’ve meant just for me…. or a lesson I should heed.

When I meet you in the morning and I listen to hear your voice;
My spirit is encouraged, Lord, and my soul seeks to rejoice….

My thoughts are set on you dear, Lord, at dawn’s first early light;
And heaven’s gates are flung open wide as my spirit soars in flight.

I’m gathered at the Throne Room’s door and there I’m ushered in
To a quiet time with the one I love…My Savior and My Friend.

Oh, how I love our quiet time when morning breaks anew;
For you are there to hold me close in this special time with you….

May I never take for granted, Lord, this blessed time you spend with me;
For the glimpse of heaven’s glory and all the wonders that I see.

As I meet you every morning, Lord, and open your Holy word;
I ask that you will help me hear the message you want heard…..

I ask that you will grant me, Lord; a willing heart, each day anew;
So others who may see my life will know I belong to you.

For when I meet you every morning, Lord, on this promise I shall depend;
One day you’ll call me home to glory… where the mornings never end.


W. Patrick Queen
November  2008


No comments: