Friday, May 15, 2015

Writer's Tools

Each artist has different mediums or venues in which they like to work. For some, it's the acrylics and oils that bring out their true talents; while others prefer watercolors or charcoal etchings to best display their eye for the visual side of life. Whatever their choice, they are most comfortable and complete when they are using their talents and expressing themselves with the medium that best allows them to share their vision with the world.

The same is true for the written word, although the different "mediums" may not be as numerous. As one who likes to paint his version of the world as he sees it ....using the written word.... I have always felt most comfortable and complete when writing poetry. It must be something in the rhythm and rhyme that moves me and releases my inner self in expression. Whatever it is, I have found little reason to question it, but prefer to get lost in the thoughts that have been laid on my heart and in letting those thoughts take flight.

I have probably written over 2,000 poems of all types, versions, kinds, subjects and sizes in my lifetime and I hope and pray that I still have something to say through this "medium". It is for that reason that I have penned this introduction to what will quite often be my thought for the day....A POEM TO DWELL UPON.

I trust that you will be Blessed and in believing, you will know Him better, you will seek His face and you will walk in His way.


A POEM TO DWELL UPON….
ONE SOLITARY LIFE

He came to earth by a Virgin's birth,
Born in a cattle stall; but on that tree at Calvary,

He sacrificed it all.

His life was spent as he preached "repent";
He never had home nor wife.
For He sought the thrill to do the Father's will…

In a Solitary Life.

He walked around from town to town,
No property could He claim.
But when you believe, His grace receive…

When you call upon Jesus' name.

So, don't regret the life you get;
Though it's filled with pain and strife.
For He died for you to give life anew
through

His Solitary Life

W. Patrick Queen @ June 2000




No comments: